Cider BBQ Sauce
Is there anything cider can’t be used for, like this tangy but sweet, Cider BBQ Sauce. Slather it on chicken sandwiches, burgers, wings, ribs, pulled pork and portobello mushrooms for a cider-spiked grilled feast. You can even make it vegan-friendly by substituting olive oil for butter, skipping the Worcestershire and drizzling the sauce on tofu.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup Legacy cider
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 habanero chile, minced
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, stirring until the onions soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the apricot preserves, ketchup, hard cider, cider vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and habanero.
- Simmer over low heat until thick and glossy, about 20 minutes.
Orginal Recipe from cider culture